- Applicant must be a Declared Candidate in good standing.
- Applicant must submit the appropriate fee and experience rating form (ERF) prior to submission and grading of demonstration report, subject to approval by the Admissions Committee.
- Applicant must submit a list of income-producing and/or non-residential appraisal reports to the Admissions Committee, which will select two of the reports for review by the grading task force. Submit evidence of a four (4) year college degree, or the equivalent thereof.
Any combination of the following may be used to satisfy the requirements:
- An applicant that has a State Certified General credential may consider one (1) year of experience as the equivalent to one (1) year of college.
- In lieu of the Bachelors degree an applicant shall successfully pass all of the collegiate level subject matter courses from an accredited college, junior college, community college or university as required in the Appraisal Qualifications Board (AQB) criteria.
- Thirty (30) college credits are considered equivalent to one (1) year of college.
- Fifteen (15) approved classroom hours are considered equivalent to one (1) college credit.
- Provide proof of General State Certification, or meet the current education and experience requirements set by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) and pass the AQB National Uniform General Certification Examinations or the NAIFA comprehensive exam.
- Have four (4) years experience of which two (2) years must be in income-producing and/or non-residential properties.
- Sign and agree to abide by the NAIFA Code of Ethics.
- Submit a Demonstration Self-Contained Report of a non-residential and/or income-producing property, subject to the requirements and grading criteria set forth by the Admissions Committee. This report must be submitted in a portable document format (PDF).
To download an Experience Rating Form click here.