IFAC-Appraiser Counselor Designation
- Applicant must be a Senior Member, in good standing, and have held the IFAS designation for three (3) years.
- Applicant must submit the appropriate fee and experience rating form (ERF) prior to submission and grading of demonstration report.
- Applicant must submit a list of all completed counseling reports to the Admissions Committee, which will select two of the reports for review by the grading task force.
- Provide proof of State General Certification or meet the current education and experience requirements set by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) for a Certified General Appraiser and pass the AQB National Uniform General Certification Examinations or the IFAC comprehensive examination
- Submit evidence of a four (4) year college degree, or the equivalent thereof.
Any combination of the following may be used to satisfy the requirements:
- An applicant that has a State Certified General credential may consider one (1) year of experience as the equivalent to one (1) year of college.
- In lieu of the Bachelors degree an applicant shall successfully pass all of the collegiate level subject matter courses from an accredited college, junior college, community college or university as required in the Appraisal Qualifications Board (AQB) criteria.
- Thirty (30) college credits are considered equivalent to one (1) year of college.
- Fifteen (15) approved classroom hours are considered equivalent to one (1) college credit.
- Sign and agree to abide by the NAIFA Code of Ethics.
- If no list of counseling reports is provided, then the candidate will submit a demonstration counseling report that documents and supports a reasonable and probable conclusion to a client’s request rather that a specific value conclusion, subject to the requirements and grading criteria set forth by the Admissions Committee. This report must be submitted in a portable document format (PDF).
To download an Experience Rating Form click here.