Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join Now!
Community Search
AMC New Requirement
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/23/2013 at 8:55:19 PM GMT
AMC New Requirement

An AMC called me up the other day wanting a quote for a residential appraisal.  I quoted it high and they accepted it.  Good!

Then I received an email needing the general information to set me up on their system.  However, this time there was a new one I have never seen before..................Driver's license.  Um.  No. 

What is the need for my driver's license?  Has anyone else been asked for this?  Are you giving it to them? 

7/23/2013 at 9:18:35 PM GMT

Well, Mark they only need secure your TIN number and once they have your DL information--they can go to town with identity theft......It's not what they want that ususally sets off the lightbulb--it's how they store it and who they employ..anyone can lift information--just look at our U.S. guest in Russia....

Monica L. Trotter, IFA

7/26/2013 at 2:45:19 AM GMT

Someone told me that the AMC Joan Trice represents, forget it's name,  wanted a background check. The only time I had a request for my drivers license was as a part of a background check done by a relo company. I was told it was a comfort level for the transferees employers.  These were government employees, ok I can understand a certain amount of concern where the appraiser knows the transferee is FBI and DEA but the Forest Service did make me say "what".  I furnished it for them.

No regular AMC gets this kind of information from me.

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal