Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join Now!
Community Search
UAD/VA
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/29/2011 at 9:15:23 PM GMT
UAD/VA

Has anyone received a definitive reply on the VA position on the UAD. I have received so many answers, it goes in on 9/1/11, no they are following FHA and it will be the end of the year, no they will not use it.

8/29/2011 at 9:27:16 PM GMT

Hi Carol,

I have an e-mail out to Gerald Keifer asking about this. He went back to VA this past month.  Will let you know once I receive the final word.

Monica L. Trotter, IFA

9/28/2011 at 11:29:58 PM GMT
Well now I am officially sad. Got the official notice from VA today that they will require the UAD. They are doing like FHA, effective immediately appraisers may use the UAD versions of the forms. Effective Jan 1, 2012 appraisals must be UAD compliant.

7/14/2014 at 3:02:15 PM GMT
VA verses FHA
I am a designated I.F.A.S Appraiser. I am a state licensed appraiser and am on the VA fee panel. It seems to me that the qualifications for the VA and FHA are the same with the exception of the requirement that the license  for an FHA appraiser must to Residential Certified and the requirement for the Veterans Administration is State Licensed. I have been in the practice since 1971 and due to circumstances was not able to complete my degree, I am a 100% disabled Veteran. Now I am not whinny  or complaining just trying to make sense of all this. When the requirement was enforced I lost a considerable part of my income. It takes no more expertise or knowledge to complete and comply with FHA verses VA requirements for the completion of the work product. Can someone explain to me the thinking process of the regulators when this policy was made?  Indecently I also do work directly for Fannie Mae and have never been rated less than a two, one being the best, five the worst, and am currently rated as a one. I cite the as proof that I am able to comply with any and all standards required of me. Sorry to sermonize on this but I am looking for other opinions on this issue of  this work related injustice.  John Kerr I.F.A.S., State Licensed Appraiser in Michigan.

7/14/2014 at 3:26:48 PM GMT
Cannot Appraise FHA due to License
Quote:
Originally posted by J. Kerr:
I am a designated I.F.A.S Appraiser. I am a state licensed appraiser and am on the VA fee panel. It seems to me that the qualifications for the VA and FHA are the same with the exception of the requirement that the license  for an FHA appraiser must to Residential Certified and the requirement for the Veterans Administration is State Licensed. I have been in the practice since 1971 and due to circumstances was not able to complete my degree, I am a 100% disabled Veteran. Now I am not whinny  or complaining just trying to make sense of all this. When the requirement was enforced I lost a considerable part of my income. It takes no more expertise or knowledge to complete and comply with FHA verses VA requirements for the completion of the work product. Can someone explain to me the thinking process of the regulators when this policy was made?  Indecently I also do work directly for Fannie Mae and have never been rated less than a two, one being the best, five the worst, and am currently rated as a one. I cite the as proof that I am able to comply with any and all standards required of me. Sorry to sermonize on this but I am looking for other opinions on this issue of  this work related injustice.  John Kerr I.F.A.S., State Licensed Appraiser in Michigan.

7/18/2014 at 10:00:40 PM GMT
J.Kerr are you on the VA panel. If not at a recent class Gerad Keifer stated VA is adding to the panel. Check it out.

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal