Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join Now!
Community Search
President Elect
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/28/2011 at 1:28:12 AM GMT
President Elect

I am running for President Elect for 2012. I have received some criticism because I am running unopposed. I can assure you that this is not a popularity contest. I actually believe that the people who have been (or are) active with NAIFA understand the time involved in holding a national office, and have chosen not to run.

I've been asked what my platform is. My platform is mainly understanding that I can't have a personal platform. I believe that this position includes realizing that this is about being one person in a group of elected professionals who all have the membership goals as a priority. My vote is no larger than any person sitting at the board table. That said, my focus has always been education. I believe that we offer some of the best courses available. Our chapter had 4 courses last week with over 160 students. Courses get our NAIFA name out there. Courses bring in members. We have excellent instructors, and I expect more in the future. I also focus on marketing, but I realize that we have to continue adding benefits and education, so that we will have something to market.

Someone has also brought up that I have no National acomplishments. I admit that I have not won any national awards, but I consider the time I have spent on numerous National committees an honor, and I am humbled by being elected for the executive committee (while I was a board member), National Treasurer and National Secretary.

I am passionate about my family and friends. I consider NAIFA to be part of my family. I am flawed, I will make mistakes, but I will do my very best for the organization and the profession.
Thank you for your consideration, and hopefully your vote.

Molly Leatherwood, IFA

8/9/2011 at 2:46:32 AM GMT
Molly, I wish you well! I know that you have dedicated yourself to the NAIFA and I know that such effort does not come without some personal sacrifice. -Lee

Lee Lansford, IFA
"My opinions and my opinions only!"

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal