Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join Now!
Community Search
Candidate for National Treasurer
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

6/20/2011 at 8:17:09 PM GMT
Candidate for National Treasurer

This is to serve as a notice for candidacy for the position of National Treasurer for 2012. I have received confirmation from the national office that my Candidate Declaration Form was received. My platform covers several areas including the fact that NAIFA needs to expand on its presence in the appraisal industry. This can only be achieved through marketing. I will be a large proponent for marketing issues. Through marketing we will achieve new members, which will bring more funds into NAIFA which will allow NAIFA to expand nationally for recognition of our association, our membership and our services. Member benefits are important. As health insurance is currently out of reach for associations, I believe the benefits Aflac is currently offering to our members is exceptional. I would like to see that benefit taken advantage of to the fullest extent possible. Education was, in the past, what NAIFA was known for. Our education system needs to be reviewed and revamped to meet the needs of the current day appraiser. With our current Education Director, I believe we are on the right path. The national education conference has continually lost participation since the one member, one vote. While I am strongly for one member, one vote, I would like to see if we could work towards a way of allowing chapters to have additional votes that can only be submitted at the national conference to help bring back attendance. I would like to bring back a conference task force to work together to have our conferences planned out 2 years in advance working with staff and the education committee to provide timely course offerings, interesting speakers, family friendly outings and fun for all. If you haven't looked lately, our guest speakers will be phenomenal as President Trotter has worked very hard to bring in national level guest speakers. Last but not least, I would like to continue with association relationships to be stronger as an industry as a whole. This is just a synopsis of what I would like to see in the coming year(s). I will do my best to serve NAIFA with an open mind, make logical and informed decisions and attempt to present information to the Board of Directors in a timely manner for information to be digested and assimilated to make a knowledgeable decision. I would appreciate your vote.

Nena W Henderson, IFA

National Director 2011 - 2013

Attached Images:

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal