The National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers Education & Research Trust Fund (E&R Trust) was formed in 1977 to expand opportunities for basic appraisal research and education in the area of real estate valuation.
The Education and Trust Research Trust Fund was established for the purpose of:
To further the objectives of the Trust, all members of the NAIFA, individually and its chapters, have and continue to make yearly contributions. The Trust holds an event at the Annual Membership meeting each fall. All contributions to the E&R Trust are tax deductible contributions under current IRS regulations.
- To promote research, or conduct research, in the real estate appraisal profession.
- To promote the establishment of better educational standards for the real estate appraisal profession.
- To grant scholarships to worthy students in connection with the preparation for the real estate appraisal profession.
- To create grants, from time to time, to institutions of higher learning to assist them, in the reasonable needs of the institution, to further real estate appraisal education programs.
- Encourage and foster training of students studying for a career in real estate appraisal in qualified educational institutions.
- To encourage and foster the writing of literature, articles and books, and the publication of some, on the subject of real estate appraisal and related subjects.
- To prepare and publish material found pertinent to the real estate appraisal profession.
- To establish and maintain a library of books and writings, on the subject of real estate appraisal and related topics. And for such other uses and purposes consistent with the general purposes of an Education and Research Trust.