Search our online member directory using Find an Appraiser!
NEWS YOU CAN USE
November 25, 2014 The Appraisal Foundation: The Appraisal Practices Board (APB) met in Kansas City, MO on November 14, 2014. Click here to view the meeting summary. November 12, 2014November 4, 2014
The Appraisal Foundation: May 1, 2015, an APB Public Meeting is being held from 9 am to 12 pm in Nashville, Tennessee. Click here to register.
The Appraisal Foundation: The Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) has issued October Q&As on the following topics:
- Explaining the Exclusion of Approaches
- Value Conclusion Below Contract Price
- "USPAP Certified" Advertisement
Click here for more information.
November 4, 2014
Mourning the passing of John Ploof, IFA
It is with great sadness that NAIFA announces the death of John Ploof, IFA. John lost his battle with cancer on October 19, 2014.
John was an active member of NAIFA, participating in national events, as well as being very active in his chapter and serving as chapter president. He was also honored as state appraiser of the year.
John's service was held at 11 am on Saturday, October 25, 2014, at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Little Falls, MN. Memorial Visitation was held from 4:00 - 8:00 pm on Friday, October 24th and 9:00 - 10:30 am on Saturday, October 25th all at Emblom Brenny Funeral Service in Little Falls.
October 1, 2014
NAIFA: We are excited to announce the 2014 NAIFA award recipients:
Congratulations to all of the winners this year! Click here for more information.
- Paul A. Wetzel Award: Chuck Blau Esq., IFAC. This award is the association's most prestigious award. It was created in honor of Past National President, Mr. Paul A. Wetzel for his service contributions and accomplishments on behalf of NAIFA.
- Educator of the Year: Jerry Keller, IFA and Dale Bynum, IFA. The Educator of the Year Award began in 1995 to recognize instructors considered outstanding in their service through contributions of teaching skills, years of teaching, educational contributions, textbooks, courses written, and impact on students.
- Appraiser of the Year Award: Barry Shea, IFA. The Apprasier of the Year Award began in 1964 and recognizes the appraiser that is seen as an outstanding leader for NAIFA.
NAIFA: The 2015 Board Roster is available! Click here to view.
Managing your NAIFA profile:
Think of your online NAIFA profile as an online resume. Like a resume, your NAIFA profile provides your contact information, experience, education, professional recognition, skills/qualifications, and much more. Your NAIFA profile is your online advertisement to over 700,000 annual visitors to NAIFA's website. Be sure to keep it up-to-date and accurate to ensure that when people are looking for an appraiser - they find you! Click here to learn how to manage your online profile.
Member Only Benefit! Bradford Technologies has become a NAIFA Preferred Partner and will be offering NAIFA members an exclusive Appraisal World Benefits Package. Included in this package is CompCruncher, CompCruncher Concierge Service, CompCruncher Skills Assessment, and Directory Plus AppraisalWorld Membership. Click here to learn more!
If you would like more information about the analytical tools offered by Valuation Research, LLC, please go to their website (www.valuationresearchllc.com) and register. Registration is free. Once you’ve registered you can download whitepapers, view analytics, watch a tutorial on products, and download applications. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mark Stockton directly at: email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook. Get the latest industry news and watch our Appraising is Cool video series.
Visit our YouTube Channel to see NAIFA Interviews and access our free educational videos.
Join a Discussion Forum to connect with your peers and discuss topics regarding the appraisal industry
View and access NAIFA Member groups.
Need an Appraisal?
Order an Appraisal